Using SQL to clean up Call Manager pt3

See Parts 1 and 2

If you’ve been following me in this 3 part series, you know we started off with around 700 dependencies on a CSS that no longer fits our standard. It was in use by various things and we leveraged SQL to quickly, efficiently, and safely remove it from use. When we finished part 2, the only things still referencing our css were directory numbers. Well, we actually have 2 CSSs we’re going to clean up today.

As usual, we’ll begin with a count.
dependency records

dependency records Continue reading “Using SQL to clean up Call Manager pt3”

Using SQL to clean up Call Manager pt2

See Part1: http://longoconsulting.eoreality.com/wp/2017/04/29/using-sql-to-clean-up-cisco-call-manager/

Previously we had around 700 dependencies on a CSS that no longer fits our standard. This CSS was in use by lines, devices, and users throughout the system. In part 1 we removed this css from the users, now we need to do the same for the devices.

Continue reading “Using SQL to clean up Call Manager pt2”

Using SQL to clean up Call Manager pt1

So, at a client of mine that we will call PRO, we had a Device-CSS which seemed to be the default css for pretty much everything, including presence subscription, even though PRO-Subscribe-CSS exists. Well the PRO-Device-css also used a lot of legacy stuff from the PRI days. I wanted to clean it up and swap things to follow the standards we had implemented, which required naming based on the line of business, location, and use.

First I modified all the templates to remove the PRO-Device-CSS usage and replace it with the appropriate css.
Next I check dependencies, assuming there couldn’t be that many things…

dependancy records

Continue reading “Using SQL to clean up Call Manager pt1”