Sometimes when you’re in a client environment, you just need something you don’t have access to. That could be NTP, DNS, gateways, an internal CA, or even just an SFTP server. I encounter this all the time and my solution is almost always to simply get an IP from the client and spin up a linux server.
I decided to make this a vLog entry rather than a blog, so please check out the videos. I would like to point out that the part2 video does have an error in the alt_names section for the IP address. DNS entries are prepended by DNS: but ip addresses are prepended by IP: In my video, I prepended the IP with DNS: this will not work.
Continue reading “When you need a server to tackle tasks”
See Part1: http://longoconsulting.eoreality.com/wp/2017/04/29/using-sql-to-clean-up-cisco-call-manager/
Previously we had around 700 dependencies on a CSS that no longer fits our standard. This CSS was in use by lines, devices, and users throughout the system. In part 1 we removed this css from the users, now we need to do the same for the devices.
Continue reading “Using SQL to clean up Call Manager pt2”
So, at a client of mine that we will call PRO, we had a Device-CSS which seemed to be the default css for pretty much everything, including presence subscription, even though PRO-Subscribe-CSS exists. Well the PRO-Device-css also used a lot of legacy stuff from the PRI days. I wanted to clean it up and swap things to follow the standards we had implemented, which required naming based on the line of business, location, and use.
First I modified all the templates to remove the PRO-Device-CSS usage and replace it with the appropriate css.
Next I check dependencies, assuming there couldn’t be that many things…
Continue reading “Using SQL to clean up Call Manager pt1”
I simply forgot MWI wasn’t working since I get an email and just delete the message via email after listening! My daughter asked me why she never knows if she has a voicemail (she doesnt have usable email) and it prompted me to fix it. I’ll post what I did and how I did it shortly. Since call manager doesn’t inherently support authenticated sip trunks of course, no google voice integration, i’ve used my Asterisk server (running since 2002) as my Gateway for sometime. When I got my hands on a few 88xx, 8945s, and a dx650, I decided to setup call manager. To keep everything smooth, I just send everything to Asterisk and let it route to the cloud. Asterisk also provides my voicemail capability for the asterisk phones (my parents, a few military friends, and a few friends who would like to call locally within the US) and the Cisco phones. Calling into voicemail and diverting calls to voicemail is extremely basic so I won’t discuss this at all, but MWI stumped me. Asterisk handles MWI pretty differently from Unity Connection and I struggled with it for a bit. After an hour of internal server errors I decided to try scripting.
Continue reading “Asterisk integrations with Cisco UCM – MWI”
A client was facing some licensing issues with shared devices. After a discussion, we decided to create a local user account for this particular location. Using this local user account, we would assign all generic shared devices (waiting room, lobby, hallway) to this user and save a bunch of enhanced licenses by properly utilizing CUWLs.
I provided some guidance and a local admin began the process of clicking a phone, setting the user, saving and picking the next. Obviously this is pretty painful and slow. I decided to see what we could do to speed the process up.
Continue reading “CUCM Licensed Users (9.x+) using SQL”